Reporting Change of Address – Filing Form AR-11

Who is required to report change of address?

The responsibility to report a change of address to USCIS falls on individuals who are subject to U.S. immigration regulations. This requirement applies to individuals who are in the United States and are not U.S. citizens. It is important for these individuals to keep their address information up to date with USCIS to ensure effective communication and compliance with immigration requirements.

In specific terms, individuals who hold non-immigrant visas (including H-1B, F-1, J-1, etc.), have pending applications or petitions with USCIS, or have received lawful permanent resident status (green card holders) are typically required to report a change of address to USCIS within 10 days after moving to a new address in the United States.

This change of address can be done through the USCIS Online Change of Address system, or by submitting Form AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address Card, or through USCIS website. It is crucial to adhere to the reporting requirements to avoid potential issues with immigration proceedings or benefits.

The link below takes you directly to the relevant page on United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website.

To Top